ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Terry Houghland M.A
Terry has a B.A in History from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and an M.A in Historical Museum Studies from the Cooperstown Graduate Program University of New York Oneonta.
He has 15 years of Historical Agency management experience including the Arizona Historical Society, South Dakota Office of Cultural Preservation and the Dallas Historical Society.
He has 40 years experience as a Genealogist and has taught a wide range of Genealogy classes at the Scottsdale and Mesa Community colleges in Az. The classes he has taught have included:
- Writing your family history
- Introduction to Genealogy
- Intermediate Genealogy
Introduction to African American Genealogy
- How to identify the hidden meaning in Photographs
- How to overcome Genealogy roadblocks
- Multiple document analysis
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTEREST
- Finding your Hobo ancestor
- The History of the Natural Ice industry in Wisconsin and Illinois
- A Bibliography of Newspaper article resources on Isaiah Montgomery and Mound Bayou Mississippi
- An analysis of Census date on the early settlers in Grygla Minnesota.